Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Updates...

Well, Ella is finally sleeping on her own for the first nap of the day. For those who don't know, I (and anyone else who watches her) have been holding her for three naps a day for 6 months. Let me be clear, there are only a handful of times that I have actually minded holding Ella. Most of the time I can truly see and feel what a blessing it is to have that special time--to watch her sleep peacefully, to be the one she smiles at when she wakes up refreshed and happy. I will miss that, without a doubt. However, the time has come for her to have a routine that doesn't require Mommy's constant companionship.

So, in order to foster her independence, I agreed to let her "cry out" her first nap of the day. Terrified, I put her in her crib each morning, and relieved, I listen to her fuss for a few minutes and then fall asleep. What an accomplishment! It turns out that Ella seems just as ready for a little breathing room as I am. :) Second nap of the day to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment