Saturday, April 3, 2010

Less of a girly girl, please, Mom

Ella loves the outdoors--anything outside, and she's there with bells on. I, in turn, am not a huge fan of the outdoors. As ridiculous as this sounds, things like camping and swimming were never awesome to me because of my eyesight.

Fact: I have horrible eyesight. It's so bad that I wear the same pair of contacts 365 days a year until I can afford to buy another $400 pair because only two companies even make my prescription. Yeah, I'm cool.

However, I have spent the last two weeks outside--jogging with ella and the BOB (aka amazing stroller), going to Town Lake to walk, strolling through the Austin Lawn and Garden Show, etc. I just know that if I don't start now, one day Ella will look up at me and tell me to be less girly. So, I'm sucking it up and finding fun and exciting things to do outdoors--that don't require 20/20 vision.

On another note, we are having such a great time these days. Ella is happy and healthy and loving all the new experiences we're trying to bring her. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment