Thursday, January 6, 2011

Preschool

I have been looking into Mother's Day Out programs and preschools for several months now, trying to determine when would be a good time to start Ella on one. Several start at 18 months or 2 years, and I was happy to wait until she was two. If it doesn't work out, I'd still be happy to wait. But we thought it might be time to give it a shot.

Today was her first day, and she LOVED it. Granted, it took her about 30 minutes to warm up to the idea. She was not happy when I left her. But I called a few hours in and they told me that once she hit the playground, she never looked back and was having a ball. What made me feel even better was that she took an hour and a half nap while there! For anyone who knows about Ella's sleeping journey, she has NEVER taken that long of a nap, unless someone was holding her (which we did for a LONG while, until our arms got really buff and we decided that we liked the way they looked enough to put her down). :)

When I went to pick her up, she had to show me all of her toys and take me around all the places they went for the day. It was very cute and comforting for Mommy who had been worried about her most of the day.

Another plus, which should be noted because it's too good of a deal to not mention, is the fact that I have from 9-2 to myself twice a week. Sweet!

We're gonna see how it goes, but hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment