Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring

It's been too long since I've updated, so although this will be quick, I'm hoping I can fit the good stuff in.

I wish I could explain adequately how much fun Ella is these days. I know there may be rough waters ahead, the terrible twos, etc. but so far, this rocks!

Lately, Ella:
is speaking in full (4-5 word) sentences. Not always, but definitely with frequency.
is playing independently so much more. I watch her take her dolls and make them kiss, hug, talk to one another. She covers them with a blanket and says, "They seeping (sleeping), Mama."
is eating more meat (yay!) and trying more foods so we can move on from beans and rice.
loves going to "school" twice a week and being Ms. Becca's helper.
loves Mickey Mouse and The Incredibles ("Cwedbulls")
loves helping Mama cook with her own mini-cooking set, but prefers to use real food (hassle)

The biggest change has been how much she will play by herself and how much time that frees up for me to get things done.

On a not-so-great note, the docs think she has asthma and enlarged adenoids. She has been sick for about two months with a runny nose, awful cough, and constant congestion. They hear a wheezing when she breathes--not a good thing. We've tried a few different medications, but none work without pretty bad side effects. So, off to the ENT tomorrow to see if she'll need her adenoids removed. Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment