Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Sleep Schedule

This post is really just to chronicle Ella's new sleep schedule, so no fun pictures or anything.

However...
I would like to remember that Ella went through a pattern of sleep that is actually working really well for our family (insert triumphant music). For the last two weeks, she's been going to bed between 9:30-10:00 PM and waking up just after 7:00 AM. Now, the late bedtime on its own wouldn't be ideal, but here is why it works so well: she isn't waking up and crying out at night (huge plus) AND she is taking anywhere from a 2 to 3 hour nap every day! Yeeeeess! This basically means that from 7 AM to 1 PM we play, play, play, and then she falls asleep until around 4:00, gets up, eats a snack, and then Hal gets home. Talk about an easy two weeks for me!

I tried to figure out if this is something she would have done all along, and maybe I just had dropped the ball, but the fact of the matter is that she has grown into this pattern in the last few months. I thought by two that all sleep patterns would be figured out, but I see now that as Ella grows, she will continue to adjust her sleep to fit her needs--so I'm living it up until it changes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment