Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mommy and Daughter Time

Just wanted to post this memory so that I don't forget it down the line.

Today, Ella was watching The Wiggles so I decided to sit on the couch near her and catch up on some reading. After a few minutes, Ella looked up, saw me reading, and asked to be picked up to sit on our adjoining couch (clarification: Ella can only say, "Up", but I consider that a full statement). There we sat, each on our own couch, just relaxing a bit on a rainy day. She continued to watch The Wiggles until sometime several minutes later, I looked up and realized that she had her Baby's Spanish Dictionary in her lap. I watched as she turned each page slowly, making sure to point out to herself every picture she knew--la vaca, el perro, etc. My little copycat sat there for a long time, just catching up on her reading like Mommy. Sometimes when kids copy you, it's really annoying. Sometimes, it's the most precious form of flattery.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! she is going to be a bilingual little gal. nice work.

    ReplyDelete