Friday, June 29, 2012

Dancing Mood

Ella and I went to lunch after I picked her up from school today.  As she was eating her grilled cheese, she started to look rather pensive.  I asked her what she was thinking and she said, "Momma, are we gonna go home and take a nap after this?"  I said, "Yes."  "Well," she says, "before nap, let's turn on some music so I can dance." She then proceeded to start grooving in her seat, head bobbing, grilled cheese in left hand, right hand moving to whatever beat is in her head.

I asked her if she was in a dancing mood, and she asked what that meant.  I explained different moods and when I finished, she replied, "Momma, I want to be in the dancing mood please."  So we went home and danced.

On a separate note, three women stopped at our booth while we were eating to tell Ella how cute she is/what pretty hair she has.  It turns out that curly-headed blondes are magnets for adults, mostly grandparents.  They cannot walk by without commenting on the hair.  This may sound like I'm bragging, but the real reason I mention it is that Ella has actually learned to smile sweetly and to say thank you.  It's actually pretty hilarious. When I showed her a clip of Shirley Temple on YouTube (we've gotten that comparison several times), she determined that she could sing "On the Good Ship Lollipop" just as well as Ms. Temple.  My brain was reeling with thoughts of some future church talent show. And then Toddlers and Tiaras.  So I've reiterated to her 20 times today how smart she is. But at the end of the day, the girl just wants to dance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment