Monday, July 30, 2012

Getting really pregnant

Before kids, I thought pregnancy was relatively straightforward.  Are you pregnant? Yes. Or no.  Today totally reminded me of the truth, and it's been 3 years since I've had a big dose of it.  

You can be pregnant, pretty pregnant, or really pregnant (and several levels in between).  I'm starting to feel really pregnant.  I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow, and I think that makes me about a week or two away from the third trimester.  Now, just to clarify, I'm not reaaaaally pregnant just yet.  I'm just really pregnant.  Confusing? It makes total sense to me. :)

I just wanted to document that one day (give or take) before 27 weeks, I stopped being able to hunch over the computer or Ella's table to draw/play Legos or to read a book in bed and still breathe sufficiently.  My belly feels like it's in my chest, which helps my posture because I'm forced to sit up straight, but really makes me feel so much bigger.  Because when your belly/baby is pushing on your ribs, you realize there's nowhere else to go but out.  13 weeks of growing outward...yikes.

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that 3rd cookie. 

2 comments:

  1. yay! i know it feels rough- but you only have a little time left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I "like" this post? heheh Right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete