Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ella at 3 months

Now, after just posting a somewhat negative blog on sleep, I felt the need to post an uplifting blog on the wonder that is Ella. Over the last month, she has changed so much, and every new step is more fun than the last. Her colic finally subsided (thank God!), and she now smiles every day when Hal or I get home from work, and today she had her first official hard-core laugh. She's done lots of semi-giggles and "was-that-a-laugh?" noises, but as I walked through the door today and said hello to her, she gave a true laugh! It was the kind of laugh that said, "Oh, Mommy! Hi!" It melted my heart a good deal, and I spent the next two hours just playing with her and admiring how much she's grown and matured lately.

She is really coming into her own as a baby, and her personality comes out more and more every day. So far, we know she is determined and definitely knows what she wants. She doesn't have a medium cry. There are only two levels: "I'm-fine-but-not-as-good-as-I-could-be-if-you'd-give-me-what-I-want" and "all-hell-has-broken-loose". This does not surprise me. I figured that if she looked more like Hal, she at least had to have more of my personality. I'm enjoying watching her discover what it's like to be really frustrated, and also discover what it takes to soothe herself. She's come a long way in the last month...I think we all have. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment