Monday, September 7, 2009

More sickness...

Just as we thought we were on the tail end of this cold, it flared up again--seemingly much worse this time. Previously, all Ella had was a little congestion. As of yesterday, after her 4 1/2 HOUR nap (which occurred after a night of practically no sleep), she woke up with major congestion, a cough, and had a slight fever this morning. She sounds miserable--I can only imagine how she is feeling if she is sounding the way she is. Hal and I, like all first-time parents, are miserable as well. We can't stand that she feels bad. Every time she coughs I worry about what gross germs are inside her causing her to be so sick. In retrospect, I'm sure I'll see that she was actually fine and that this illness will pass in a few days. In the thick of it, however, I'm beside myself. Why do these things always happen on a holiday or weekend? I'm pretty frustrated with Murphy and his stupid law.

Off to call the doctor, who told me to call if Ella developed a cough (like that meant something was not going well--that reference in particular is freaking me out at the moment!). Thank goodness for on-call doctors for anxious parents like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment