Friday, September 25, 2009

Hands

Ella has finally found her thumb, which is a relief since she really never took to a pacifier. But it doesn't stop with a love for the thumb--Ella loves every finger on each hand equally. She spends hours throughout the day, between her naps, licking and toying with her hands, all the while having a glazed look of pure contentment on her face (similar to her "milk coma").

The best thing is that she doesn't just want her hands; she wants yours too. She wants everyone's hands in her mouth, all at once. Sometimes she chokes herself. And then she gets furious when you try to take her hands (the choking culprits) away from her mouth.

Two days ago, I had a soapy, soaking wet washcloth ready to bathe her with, and as I passed the washcloth past her mouth to wipe her neck, before I could be ready for it, Ella grabbed and ate the washcloth. Result: unhappy baby, very soapy mouth and nose. I, of course, got concerned about the soap inhalation. Hal told her not to do that again.

I'm still amazed that every week she learns more and more. It's happening at lightning speed these days. I feel like I come home from work to a different baby almost daily. So fun!!

Also, great news on the sleeping front: we didn't really even have to employ the cry-it-out method. Ella has had 5 nights now of going into her crib drowsy, almost asleep, waking up once during the night, and going straight back to sleep until 7. No more boppy sleeping, no more rocking until she's dead weight on my shoulder. She's such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment