Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8 weeks old!

Today Ella is 8 weeks old, and I can hardly believe it! Summer has flown by, and I didn't even notice. We've had record-breaking heat in Texas--lucky for me I haven't been outdoors more than a handful of times. I never really considered the fact that having Ella would keep me at home as much as it has for the last two months. The good news is that I'm a homebody to start with, so I've only gotten stir-crazy once or twice.

On another note, let me review the definition of sleeping through the night (at least as the experts see it). By the way, who are these experts? I'm sure they have credentials that would put this post to shame. However, I don't see how "sleeping through the night" can actually be categorized as a 5-6 hour stretch. That is just ludicrous, and I refuse to accept that definition, thus I will henceforth be referring to Ella sleeping through the night with quotation marks. Example: Ella "slept through the night" last night (from 1:00 AM to 6:30 AM). True story. Now, I will say that this is a marked improvement from the past two weeks, and because she fell asleep on her Boppy pillow and I couldn't move her without waking her, I did get up to make sure she was breathing at least twice. However, I still got pretty good sleep. Of course, the last time she did this, she didn't sleep for longer than 2 1/2 hours for the next 3 nights in a row. Still, progress is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment