Monday, August 3, 2009

Infant Swing and Sleeping Beauty

It is official: Ella loves her infant swing, especially for her morning nap time. She's sleeping peacefully in it as I type and has been for the last 2 1/2 hours! I may be jumping the gun, but I think we have the beginnings of a daily routine (at least until evening comes and all bets are off). We've been waking up around 8:30 or 9:00 AM, we go outside and spend time rocking in the outside rocker, and then it's time to eat and nap-at least for Ella. It's been about two weeks now that she's gone down for an AM nap around 9:45 or 10, and she's stayed asleep for at least 2 hours. I expect another nap around 3 this afternoon, and I will hopefully be able to join her for that one.

Good news on the work front: Round Rock called and offered me 1 class of Spanish 1 every other day from 2:30-4:00. This is an answered prayer in so many ways. First off, it's only a few hours a week, so I won't be away from the baby too long. Secondly, those few hours pay the same as subbing two FULL days a week, which I was going to do just for a little extra cash flow. Thirdly, it's a steady job, unlike subbing which is hit-or-miss. I'm very excited to be going back to see my kids, but equally thankful that I will be at home with Ella so much this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura! First of all, Ella is absolutely gorgeous! Secondly, congrats on getting the Spanish gig. It is awesome that the school district is able to offer you such a flexible job. Keep the posts coming! :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete