Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Work and baby

Ok, preface: I'm being ridiculous, and I acknowledge that. I have the perfect setup--a part-time job 4 hours every OTHER day that brings home some extra dinero, allows me to interact with semi-adults aka teenagers and actual adults, and allows Ella some time away from me to work on being a little more independent. The truth is that I'm having a pretty rough time tonight with the idea of leaving her for the day tomorrow. It will be the first time in her 10 weeks of life that I leave her for a full day--until now we've never gone more than 4 hours apart. She could not be in more capable hands, Hal will watch her in the morning and Grandmommy (Hal's mom) will be with her mid-morning into the afternoon. She's going to be just as loved and cared for as if I were with her. Still, this first is one that I didn't expect to fret over. I have been excited about going back to work part-time because I really love my job. Now that it's here though, I realize that I've been kind of pushing the thought of being apart from her at all into the back of my mind.

Well, here's to bringing things to the forefront. I am 100% positive that I will be a better mom for having this break and that Ella will have the amazing opportunity to spend some invaluable time with Daddy and her grandparents. Ok, enough of the silliness, or as they say in Spanish "Ya basta!" (Enough already!). It's time to get back into the foreign language game.

No comments:

Post a Comment